We, Entrepreneurial Spark Limited, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to within it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, via our website, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By using our website, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our website or submit any personal data through it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Entrepreneurial Spark Limited, having its registered office at the Ca’D’Oro, 45 Gordon Street, Glasgow, G1 3PE.
1. Information we may collect from you
1. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide when filling in forms on our website, including your name, gender and contact details;
- information that you provide when you report a problem with our website;
- if you contact us by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, location, e-mail address, details of your device, particulars of your social media account, goods and services which you have purchased and details of the organisations from whom you have purchased goods and services.
2. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2. We also use analytical cookie files. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. You can find more information about the individual cookie files we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
|Default Expiration Time: 30 mins from set/update|
|Google Analytics||__utmt||Used to throttle request rate.||Default Expiration Time: 10 minutes|
|Localhost||__au||This is the website session Cookie which is used to identify||Expiration Time: 20 minutes|
|This is a security token cookie to prevent CSRF attacks. It prevents from anybody to forge a link and have it activated by a powered user.||Default Expiration Time: End of browser session|
4. If you wish to delete any cookie files, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will contain the domain name entrepreneurial-spark.com within the file name.
5. You may refuse to accept cookie files by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you choose this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
4. Where we store your personal data
2. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, please be assured that we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to such personal data.
5. Uses made of the information
1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. registering you with the website;
2. to fulfil any transaction that you enter into on our website;
3. to improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
4. to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
5. to notify you about changes to our service;
6. to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
7. public relations opportunities;
8. as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
9. to comply with any legal obligations; and/or
10. to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use.
2. We may also contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with the Entrepreneurial Spark newsletter and information about opportunities available to you. By providing us with your fax number, telephone numbers, e-mail address and / or social media account(s) details, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive such communications from us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Your Communications” in the subject line of the email.
3. We may keep personal data which we collect for a reasonable period for any of the purposes mentioned above.
6. Disclosure of your information
1. We may share your personal information with:
1. business partners, suppliers, licensees and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into in relation to content you have uploaded to our website;
2. analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
2. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
2. if Entrepreneurial Spark Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
4. to protect the rights, property, or safety of Entrepreneurial Spark Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Third party personal data
8. Your rights
1. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
2. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of participant organisations, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these website, please note that these website have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
9. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.